Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Know All the Symptoms for Scurvy

"Speaking of truth, we have to touch it with a pair of pliers anyway, because we'll never get anywhere close."    -Werner Herzog

I've been on a big Herzog kick lately.  Or, I'm sorry, I feel like we are frindos so I'll just call him Werner.  I wish I could say more about him and his movies, but tonight just isn't the night for that.  Starting to admire bloggers who can just write with depth and clarity.  (Sadly note that I say bloggers, not writers).  I feel like that is out of my reach now and most of my writing consists of lists and watered-down McSweeney's-esque-ness.

All of that being said, creativity shouldn't be something we only give to words, or paintings, or (spare me Nashville) music.  On Thursday I made some kick-ass curried chickpeas.  So while my pen is dry, the Muse will have to reside in the kitchen.  I'll just listen to Neko Case and be thankful that all of the musical ability God had considered bestowing to me was given to that lady instead.  

I've only been reading silly books that make me blush and apologize when people ask me what they are.  Mysteries and monsters and food, that kind of business.  
Worst scurvy symptom:  hair follicles begin to bleed  
 

No comments: