Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Middle Cyclone"

Feel so silly posting song lyrics, but I've been listening to this album on repeat for weeks.
And this song just makes me choke up a bit. Such a sappy girl.

Baby why'm I worried now
Did someone make a fool of me
'Fore I could show 'em how it's done

I can't give up acting tough
It's all that I'm made of
Can't scrape together quite enough
To ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love

There were times that I tried
One for every glass of water that I spilled next to the bed
Retching pennies in a boiling well
In a dream that at once becomes a foundry
Of mute and heavy bells
They shake me deaf and dumb
Say "someone made a fool of me
'Fore I could show 'em how it's done"

It was so clear to me
That it was almost invisible
I lie 'cross the path waiting
Just for a chance to beA spider web trapped in your lashes
For that I would trade you my empire for ashes
But I choke it back
How much I need love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these lyrics. This album has been playing in my car for a few weeks.